Liberals need reality training - fwd
Len McLaughlin
2006-01-03 00:56:52 UTC
"Pruff is da pruff'' so notice the blatant but subtle example below of how
we are
brainwashed by media. This writer was smart enough to pick it up - sure
can't be brain washed liberal.
Here we have the mayor in typical Liberal fashion, saying blame the
Americans but don't blame a misguided or mismanaged liberal immigration /
multi-culturalism / multi-tribalism policy . The country can survive theft
and financial mismanagement, but it can't survive a flawed immigration
policy. France and Australia are finding that out the hard way.
I guess we're so nieve that we'll continue to follow suite. How do these
Liberals all manage to sing from the same hymn book? Do they have a
finishing school they must attend or maybe just a little red book they keep
under their pillow?
. Is this what the previous police chief meant when he said , look
''up-stream'' for the source of the problem? Is this not the inevitable end
result of an immigration policy whose sole purpose is to keep the Liberals
in power and certainly not for the good of the country?
Questions, questions, but no answers. What proof will be necessary before
all Canadians, new and old, get wise and say the hell with party loyalty,
the good of the country comes first ?
-lm
================

The Jamaican/Toronto connection
Published: Monday, January 02, 2006
Re: A Gun Problem Of Our Own, editorial, Dec. 29.

So, Mayor David Miller sees fit to respond to a bad year of murders in his
own city by blaming America, publicly proclaiming: "The U.S. is exporting
its problem of violence to the streets of Toronto."

Sadly, Mr. Miller is not the only member of Canada's elite to openly smear
America in the wake of Toronto's violent upsurge. On Wednesday morning, CBC
Newsworld finished its report about the Yonge Street shootings by listing
onscreen the murder rates of three cities: Toronto, Chicago and Houston.
There was no commentary whatsoever as to why the CBC chose to display them:
It was left to viewers to reach their own subconscious conclusions about the
higher murder rates in the U.S. cities.

Perhaps, by method of Orwellian instruction, the CBC simply meant to use
even this deadly event to remind viewers once again that America can still
be seen as bad and Canada can still be seen as good. Why didn't the CBC list
the murder rates in Singapore, Hong Kong or Tokyo -- huge cities where
murders occur at a fraction of the rate per capita as in bloody Toronto?
Publicizing those foreign figures would make Toronto look bad, which is
surely not the desire for CBC editors, who can instead cast blame on
America.

And how about the tiny country of Jamaica, which has a murder rate five
times higher than that of the United States? A hardball question for the
finger-pointing Mr. Miller: Doesn't the Jamaican subculture have something
to do with the "problem of violence" that has been "exported" to the
"streets of Toronto"?

Keith Stringer, Cincinnati, Ohio.

© National Post 2006
Jen
2006-01-03 01:45:12 UTC
Mass immigration is a dead end for Canada.

Too bad where I live new immigrants make up 51% of the voting populace.

Good luck changing things now!

You wait too long & it all swings back to hit you smack dab in the
stinking face.

Jen
Canadian Working Poor
Len McLaughlin
2006-01-03 14:42:11 UTC
Post by Jen
Mass immigration is a dead end for Canada.
Too bad where I live new immigrants make up 51% of the voting populace.
Good luck changing things now!
====
Why is it you and I and maybe 30% of Canadians can understand this threat to
Canada exists but the majority can't? Maybe you're right..it's already too
late.

Unfortunately most Canadians cannot appreciate any problem unless it's
happening to them directly.
Maybe they have to be shot or mugged before reality sinks in.

You demographics is fast becoming the norm for all of Canada. I'm exactly at
the opposite end of the scale but that doesn't mean I can't see what is
happening in the ROC, knowing that some day I'll be affected too.
-lm
===
Canadian Working Poor
notritenoteri
2006-01-03 14:57:25 UTC
Lenny, I'll bet the first nations types were singing the exact same song as
you when your folks jumped off the boat. "there goes the neighbourhood"
Get with the program. There's no way the latest wave of immigrants is going
to get on the boat and return to the homeland.
Canadian Working Poor
Len McLaughlin
2006-01-03 15:41:18 UTC
Post by notritenoteri
Lenny, I'll bet the first nations types were singing the exact same song
as you when your folks jumped off the boat. "there goes the neighbourhood"
Get with the program. There's no way the latest wave of immigrants is
going to get on the boat and return to the homeland.
===

You make a good point, look at what unrestricted immigration did to the
Indian nations. They didn't know better back then, we should, because the
result will be the same today.
Notri, I know I'm wasting my time replying to you, because we have to agree
to disagree.. we're on two different wave lengths and I'm not sure you're
really interested in any rational discussion, just bored maybe.

Nobody is saying 'send everybody back'. I would think that most rational
people would not expect the criminals be allowed to stay.
It's only you and other Liberal minded types who tend to reply to
non-existing posts.... maybe comprehension is a problem or whatever.

I'm simply saying put some common sense into the immigration policy. Screen
out the criminals, don't turn them loose expecting them to return later for
a court date. It only takes a few of these characters to recruit young guys
into crime or instill them with hate for everybody. What were the last
figures somebody posted...... 10000 unaccounted for with no hope of them
ever being caught.
The other down side of the existing immigration policy is bringing in
mostly those from violent, failed and non-democratic countries. You can't
expect to flood a non-violent democracy with such people and expect the
country to function as before. We do have a choice if not the political
will.
You're the guy who just said '' I'm alright Jack'' and therefore there is no
problem.You may like to twist these debates just to grab air time or fight
boredom but unfortunately some of us take it a bit seriously. When you make
a joke of it, then you're making a joke of all the victims of a failed
policy.....and that circle of victims is expanding every day.
-lm
=======
Canadian Working Poor
notritenoteri
2006-01-03 16:22:00 UTC
Lenny, don't be patronizing.
To me rational discussion means first having a real issue to discuss. You
don't like immigrants, you think immigrants especially or should I say
specifically, those of cultures different than your own should not be
allowed into Canada. You seem to be of the opinion that once a criminal act
always a criminal.
You try to imply that the current stream of immigrants is loaded with
miscreants and evil-doers. Do you really think that if we only permitted
immigrants of your particular cultural heritage that there would be less
crime and society as a whole would be much better? Your name suggest either
Scots or Irish at some point. In either case the history of your ancestors
is hardly are commendation to allow them into the country as immigrants.
I don't twist the debates so much as seize the opportunities that your
xenophobic point of view presents. Where is this circle of victims you speak
of? If you are alluding to the shooting that have occurred in Toronto,
you're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. If the shooting victims
had been victims of a hit and run driver would you be screaming for the
banning of cars and drivers? I doubt it very much. The events that occurred
were sad, every child should outlive their parents. It just doesn't work
out that way.
I should feel sorry for you that you have so little self-esteem that you are
afraid of strangers. But I don't .
Canadian Working Poor
Len McLaughlin
2006-01-03 16:51:36 UTC
Post by notritenoteri
[...]
The best I can say is that you just proved my point...it was a waste of
time.
-lm
===========
Post by notritenoteri
Canadian Working Poor
notritenoteri
2006-01-03 17:14:54 UTC
Lenny, So you have a corner on the problem solving market do you? Good for
you. I could say I'm so flattered that you have taken time out of your busy
schedule to respond but that would be a deliberate lie. I try not to do that
sort of thing.
What is it like to have all the answers even to problems that don't exist
except in someone's fevered brain? Has it ever occurred to you that only
solutions that are possible solve problems.
YOu have a nice day now
Post by notritenoteri
Canadian Working Poor
Chris Kingsley
2006-01-04 01:46:04 UTC
Post by notritenoteri
Lenny, don't be patronizing.
To me rational discussion means first having a real issue to discuss. You
don't like immigrants, you think immigrants especially or should I say
specifically, those of cultures different than your own should not be
allowed into Canada. You seem to be of the opinion that once a criminal
act always a criminal.
Do you believe all cultures are equal? That is, the culture of say, Iran,
where homosexuals are stoned to death and 13 year old girls are hanged for
commiting adultery, is just as good as Canada's? Most people would say
Canada's culture is more enlightened, more advanced, more tolerant. Not
merely more tolerant and enlightened than Iran, but most countries on this
Earth. Remember how some news was asked the Indian foreign minister if India
would be embracing same-sex marriage, just for a giggle?

Jamaica is approximately the same size as Toronto but had over 1400 murders
last year. Trinidad and the Bahamas also led the world in violent crime. By
contrast, there is very little violent crime in Poland, Ukraine or Hungary.

Most Muslims from the third world are, by our standards, extremely
intolerent of others, especially on social and sexual mores. By comparison,
most Eastern Europeans are much closer to us in terms of social and sexual
beliefs. Also in terms of religious beliefs, and cultural practices.

The politically correct get hung up on colour every time. But it's not about
colour. It's about having the choice to take immigrants from nations whose
cultural value system is far and away closer to ours, with comparable
educational systems, as opposed to nation with considerably more hostile,
primitive cultures where hatred and intolerence are the norm, and where
their cultural value set is not mrely different from ours but extremely
hostile towards it.
Post by notritenoteri
You try to imply that the current stream of immigrants is loaded with
miscreants and evil-doers. Do you really think that if we only permitted
immigrants of your particular cultural heritage that there would be less
crime and society as a whole would be much better?
Yes.

Your name suggest either
Post by notritenoteri
Scots or Irish at some point. In either case the history of your ancestors
is hardly are commendation to allow them into the country as immigrants.
Why? The Scots and Irish were sturdy nation builders, who, at the time of
highest immigration, were largely agricultural workers - which is pretty
much what we needed. They had a zero crime rate where they lived, too.
Post by notritenoteri
I don't twist the debates so much as seize the opportunities that your
xenophobic point of view presents. Where is this circle of victims you
speak of? If you are alluding to the shooting that have occurred in
Toronto, you're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
I'm sure the girl's family would appreciate your concern. I'm sure the
families of others murdered, raped, beaten, and robbed by immigrants would
also be gratified at your concern for them.

If the shooting victims
Post by notritenoteri
had been victims of a hit and run driver would you be screaming for the
banning of cars and drivers?
If they were doing it on purpose, yep.

Post by notritenoteri
were sad, every child should outlive their parents. It just doesn't work
out that way.
I should feel sorry for you that you have so little self-esteem that you
are afraid of strangers. But I don't .
I should feel sorry that you have no soul, and that the unecessary death of
children only makes you smirk and snicker at those who are angry. I should
feel sorry that you hate your country and your people, and have so little
respect for your own culture that you don't mind drowning it in foreigners
who despise it.

But I don't.
notritenoteri
2006-01-04 14:31:15 UTC
I've don't think I've ever considered the concept of cultural equality. If
you are claming ours is superior to that of Iran I wonder. Seems to me the
public was all set to hang Steven Truscott, a boy of 14 for a murder which
he may not have committed. Is that any different than honour killings?
You're right Jamaica is a shit hole but we, that is us WASP types, helped
get it to that state. I wouldn't be too sure about Poland, Ukraine or
Hungary. None of them have a great record when it comes to tolerance.
Most eastern Europeans are just a tolerant or intolerant as the rest of the
world. The people of the Balkans are still busy killing one another in the
name of religion; hardly a shining beacon of tolerance.

Similar cultural values you say ? You mean like the Irish and their amusing
little propensity to kill one another because of differing views of the sky
fairy? Then there is the Italians who had a taste for slaughtering
Ethiopians or the French who sneer at everyone and still think themselves
superior to the rest of the world. Neither last nor least are our good
friends to the south who have boldly proclaimed "if you are not with us you
are against us".

So you think we're better. Good for you. Believe as you wish.
The Scots and Irish that came over here were either those who had a choice
of starving for sure where they were or possibly not starving if they
emigrated or the kind who figured it was easier to steal where there was
less government or authority.
Zero crime rate you say? So who supplied all the convicts to Australia, the
fairies?
I do like your attempt at emotional blackmail but where is this circle of
victims? No doubt the girls family appreciate a lot of things. I'm sorry she
got killed,I'm sorry for the miners in W Virginia that died, I'm sorry for
every mother's son that has been or will be killed in Iraq and I sorry
xenophobics like you walk the planet.

WTF is soul? You sound like you think you are Jesus Christ and can take on
the woes of the world. You are an arrogant fool. Unlike you I realize that I
can have very little if any impact and that the very best I can hope for is
to help out those in my little corner of the world.Classifying everyone as
bad because a few are is hardly the right approach.
You aren't angry, you want to play an avenging god. You aren't smart enough
to see that simple solution don't work most of the time for complex
problems.
Did you get a new hooded robe and burning cross for xmas?
But I don't.
Wayne George
2006-01-04 14:40:14 UTC
Not-right-in-the-head...you've not "considered" much in your life..why start
now?

Wayne George
Wayne George
2006-01-03 14:57:42 UTC
SO...!!! The Liberals WIN by ..as Len puts it...70%... minus a percentage or
two....
Thanks Len........I can go shopping now for a new truck.........

Wayne George